Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A pleasant afternoon

Janna. Barbara B., Carole, and Jan A. joined me today for a productive afternoon of knitting. And as you can see by the smiles, we had a good time doing it.
Let's start today's blog post with some FO's. Way back in 2020 I heard about a garage sale of yarn at someone's house in East Greenbush. I was lucky enough to snag some really nice skeins, including this one called "Papaya" for obvious reasons. It is a superwash merino dyed to look like a cut open view of a papaya and it sure does! I used a basic triangular shawl formula with an edge stitch increase on each end and an increase on either side of the center stitch and then threw in some yarnover lace patterns along the way. The bind off made a picot edge. I really like the way it came out and it will be part of the collection that is donated to the homeless women veterans.
Jan A. arrived armed with a nice collection of her FO's. From the upper left the hats are Jaye Hat, Undaunted Hat, Rolled Brim Hat, and below is the Qboro Cowl. All of these patterns are offered for free on Ravelry.
Janna's Ringelpiez Mobius Cowl is coming along nicely. There are 300 stitches per round to knit so it's going to take a bit of time to knit.
Jan A. started the Amsterdam Lace Scarf but was having a bit of a problem with stitch count being off. Once she got on track with that, she was able to get going. Sometimes a pattern and yarn just needs a good talking to!
Barbara B. is making the Pixie Hat for Everyone in a child size. When knitting is finished there is one seam to be sewn down the back.
I saw a pretty lace stitch in a foreign YouTube video which was knitted flat but I pictured it as a cowl and so adapted it for knitting in the round. I started with a seed stitch border and will finish it off the same way.
Carole is working on a two color Brioche cowl called Valin with yarn from Valley Yarns, a WEBS exclusive yarn. From this side you see predominantly blue but...
turn it inside out and you get predominantly taupe. It looks great both ways.
It is also a freebie on Ravelry.
Carole's Easy scarf is a bit longer this week too. I'm glad I'm not the only non-monogamous knitter!
Janna worked on her Helix hat and by 3 o'clock...
she had completed it! She's going to bring it home to decide if it needs a pompom.

 I'm feeling a case of startitis coming on so I need to finish at least two projects before I give myself permission to start another. If I were you, I wouldn't bet on it though. 😉
Have a good week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: