Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Two hours of peace and quiet

No matter how hectic life gets or unsettling the current news is, I can always count on my Chicks and my knitting to bring some tranquility to every Tuesday afternoon.
It's so fulfilling to have a purpose in life and we have found one of ours through our knitting and donations.

Jan A. completed her Stitch Sampler Cowl. It is going to be a warm and lovely addition to someone's wardrobe next year when winter is back.
Janna completed her Exordium Shawl to give to her daughter, Lidia. The colors and lace came together so nicely and I'm sure it will look beautiful on her.
Barbara B. is making thrummed mittens. Those colorful fluffs of fiber are unspun wool called roving. 
The thrums are measured off and then incorporated into the knitting to create...
a thick inner lining which keeps the hands warm in very cold weather. The thrums will get a bit felted with wear so the hand can fit inside the mitten.
Janna picked the Arona Cowl for her current project.
The design is a mosaic stitch or slipped stitch method of knitting just one color yarn per row to create a geometric pattern on the fabric. 
Her contrasting color yarn is a white, a brilliant contrast to the turquoise.
Jan A. found three great colors to make a Helix Hat. The hardest part of making one of these hats is not becoming obsessed with them. Dorah said she might need an intervention because she can't stop making them. LOL!
Maureen fished some colorful sock yarn out of her stash which she bought years ago when she and I visited WEBS in Northampton, Massachusetts. Sometimes we all need to take a deep dive into the abyss of yarn to see what inspires us.
My Hepsi's Neck Warmer is almost finished. I have about an inch of ribbing to knit and then I'll make an Icelandic bind off to compliment the garter stitch border which I'm about to start.
Then I can choose a new project to start. Let's see...what should I make? 
In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: