Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

The case of the missing stitch marker

Barbara B. was busily knitting along when she realized her stitch marker had gone missing. We were sitting around the dining room table so it couldn't have gone far. But there's a Persian style rug on the floor with a busy pattern so it was like trying to find a needle in the haystack. I knew as soon as she went home I'd find it. Sure enough! I was pushing the chairs under the table and there it was. It's the size of a tiny safety pin so it was well camouflaged.
Jan A. continues her work on the Exordium shawl and it's looking great! She thinks she found a missed yarnover because her eyelets didn't seem to line up evenly. But she'll be able to fix it when she has some quiet time.
Here is the blanket Barbara B. was working on when she lost the stitch marker. The subtle color changes look really nice.
Last week I said Barbara K. would probably have her Mistake Stitch hat finished and here it is! She has more yarn left over so she'll plan on making a matching scarf.
Janna reached the point where her Easy Scarf changes direction. She chose to use two very different yarns and I think it looks great! You can really see the direction of the knitting change at 
that sharp angle.
Dorah's Close to You shawl is getting longer too. This is a free pattern and is very easy to memorize.
This cowl is based on the Hepsi's Neckwarmer pattern. I had to change it up a bit to accomodate the weight yarn I am using but it's basically the same cowl. This is the last of the Arucania chunky wool which I used for a hat and mittens so I'll have a nice ensemble to donate.
Tomorrow night the Chicks and I will be celebrating our 17th anniversary with a big pot luck dinner. There will be pictures to post as soon as I get them organized. I'm looking forward to all the good food! In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: