Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Do I have yarn?

Barbara B. asked if I had yarn to share with her to save her a trip to the store. Have I got yarn?
😆😆😆
Does the bear poop in the woods?
I brought only two bags of worsted weight and DK weight so the ladies could sift through and pick what inspired them.
Some of the yarns were hand dyed by my daughter when she was inspired to use KoolAid to make some lovely tonal yarns. Margaret has one of her peachy colors in her hand. On the table where you see three balls of green are more of her handiwork. She did a beautiful job with colors but her job takes up too much of her time now so she no longer dyes yarn or knits. I am the lucky recipient of her yarns which I am happy to share with my Chicks.
Maureen is finishing up a baby gift, the Sunnyside Cardigan, a free pattern on Ravelry. She's making the cabled version here but there is also a lace edge version included in the same pattern.
For donation, Maureen is making a Helix hat with three colors that look so nice together.
She finished her cowl which you saw in previous posts.
Margaret learned the Latvian Braid to use in the hat she's knitting. It makes a fascinating horizontal braid right in the field of stockinette stitches.
Barbara K.'s hat is growing nicely. Or maybe it's a cowl...I can't remember. Sometimes we all get to talking at once so I miss snippets of conversation. I'll check with her next week.
Janna's Easy scarf shows where she turned her work and is knitting short rows to continue the stripes  perpendicular to the beginning of the work. The stripes are a different width which adds to the beauty of the work.
Barbara K. finished her Mistake Stitch Scarf which matches the hat she added to the inventory a few weeks ago.
And Margaret was delighted to turn over into our inventory the scarf and hat which she had been knitting for a long time. The color is actually a deep purple that looks almost black. It's a good neutral color to go with anything.

 I went for my daily walk this morning so as the clouds currently cover the sun, I'm happy to hunker down and continue knitting on my project. Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: