Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Catching up with the Chicks

It's been a week since our anniversary celebration and now it's back to work. Liz finished her pastel cowl using a wool/acrylic blend, self-striping yarn which turned out lovely. Great colors.
I finished the turtleneck neck warmer to complete the hat and mittens ensemble. The chunky wool makes it a warm combo.
Maureen's cowl is a little longer than when you last saw it. I think this is the same yarn as Liz's finished cowl in a different colorway.
I saw a YouTube video which was narrated in Turkish with Turkish subtitles but if I slowed it down I could figure out what the knitter was doing. So I wrote the directions for the flat knitted piece she was knitting and converted it to be knitted in the round so I could make a cowl. This is the last ball of yarn from a bag that was donated to the group from which I made the ensemble in the picture above. I hope I don't run out before the end. I ran a lifeline, just in case.😉
Dorah thinks you all will be sick of seeing her Close to You shawl since it takes so long to knit a shawl made with sock weight yarn on tiny needles. Not me! I love to watch the progress!
And Barbara B. worked on the last section of navy blue for her baby blanket.
This cotton yarn is so soft!
We had a mascot sitting at our feet today. Fozzie is getting braver and decided to check out what we were doing. He even let Liz, not a cat person, pet him!!! You don't know what a surprise that is! It took 14 months for my husband to be able to sit in the same room and give scratches to Fozzie! I guess he is getting used to seeing my friends every week.
And now he wants to eat again. Apparently, I've missed his 3 o'clock feeding.😄
Fozzie says hi and keep those needles clicking!

 

No comments: