Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

We're baaaack!

We all had a nice long break for the holidays and now it's time to get those needles clicking again.
Barbara K's daughter-in-law loves her new cowl that Barbara made for her Christmas gift. This was the stealth project she was knitting the last few weeks before we broke for Christmas. I love the poinsettias and antlers too! LOL!
Janna finished her 1898 hat and grafted the ends all by herself. You can't see it in this picture but she did a great job for a newbie!
Barbara K. was going to start a baby cardi today but first she had to deal with the "yarn barf" that appeared when she tried to find the center pull of the yarn skein. I have to give her credit for fishing around for almost an hour to find the end. 
Elaine's hat is almost done. A few more rows of decreasing and it will go into inventory.
Since Janna finished her hat she needed some yarn for a new project. This Berroco Jasper was just the fiber she needed for the Chevron cowl. And Santa brought her a set of Zing Interchangeable Needles which she loves! They are like jewelry for your knitting!
Debbie started a hat this week with a soft, creamy yarn.
And I started the Zoe hat with some Cascade 220. The pattern calls for a cable needle to do the twists but I opted to use the right and left twisted stitch instead of taking time to use the cable needle.
Check out who came to visit tonight! Beth (on the left in the green sweater) is up from NC for a week and needed a night off from packing for the permanent move down south. She's working on a baby sweater for a new addition to her family.
The Sunnyside Baby sweater is a top down with cables accenting the raglan line of the shoulder.
Dorah added her finished fingerless mitts to the inventory. She was working on these before we broke for the holidays.
And Margaret finished her 1898 hat too.
Next up on Dorah's needles is the Railroad Track hat.
And Margaret is using a super bulky yarn for a hat. She started it tonight and is almost finished already. 
Look at those pretty colors on Carole's Helix hat. That's going to be so pretty!
She is also crocheting flowers for added texture to a quilt she is making for Alzheimer's and dementia patients in nursing homes.
                            
I finished two Chevron cowls in the last weeks and today I blocked them. They should be dry by tomorrow and then they'll go into inventory too.
As will Margaret's baby hat.
The Olivia Cowl jumped right off my needles the other day. This is one quick knit!
I haven't used my sewing machine in years and was afraid if I left it idle too long it might not ever work again, so I had it tuned up and it's purring like a kitten now. I've been watching Youtube videos of these cute little project bags and the sewing bug bit me. I went to Log Cabin Fabrics (where I left my Bernina for her tune up) and found the cutest fabrics. So naturally, I had to make a project bag for myself.
But now I remember why I prefer knitting. I spent an afternoon at the sewing machine and by bedtime I needed an Advil to stop the pain in my back.
Knitting is much kinder, ergonomically speaking, so my sewing projects will be few and far between.
That's all for now. Keep those needles clicking!

No comments: