Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Two bags and a hat

I had to be out of town yesterday but I didn't want to leave you hanging with nothing to see so....
For my personal use, to contain my knitting projects, I made a couple of walking project bags. This sheep fabric was so cute that I didn't think about the direction of the flow of the pattern and purchased the amount called for in the pattern. It wasn't until I began to think about cutting the pieces that I realized the sheep would be right side up on the front but up side down on the back. So with a bit of fiddling and puzzle piecing, I rearranged the fabric, made a few extra seams, and now the sheep are not getting seasick as they run around the bag.
 This is how the bag hangs from your arm so you can walk and knit or crochet while exercising. I say "you can walk and knit" because if I tried it, I would end up in the ED getting stitches in my face!LOL! But it could hang from the handlebars of my exercise bike while I watch Netflix and ride to nowhere.
 I finished my Zoe hat a few days ago and I like how the pompom came out, a nice finishing touch.
I like the method this woman uses to trim the finished pompom between two cardboard rounds. The tutorial for trimming starts at about minute 12:25.
The Chicks will be back next week.

No comments: