Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

There's a new Chick in town

I know Nancy from my other knitting group, The Delaware Avenue Stitch Angels and know what great knitting skills she possesses. Since some of my flock flies south for the winter, I thought she would be a wonderful addition to the hen house. Nancy is at the far right in the picture and she made the beautiful Pappillon Shawl I'm wearing and gifted it to me. I will forever be in her debt!
Nancy brought along a WIP she is knitting for a baby gift for her daughter's friend from preschool. This adorable blanket is being knitted with Berroco Vintage Baby in soft pastels. 
For our current project for KtR she went stash diving and found this colorful yarn, perfect for the hat project called...
The River Rush Slouch Hat. The pattern is free on Ravelry and has sizing instructions from toddler size to large adult size.
Barbara K. added a couple of FO's to the inventory. The first one is the Ex's and O's Hat. This pattern also includes multiple sizes.
She also added a thick, warm Mistake Stitch Scarf. 
Those deep channels trap in warmth and keep the wearer cozy.
She just cast on stitches for her next project, a Helix Hat. The odds and ends of yarn she has collected will make a great colorful combination.
Jan jumped into the deep end of the pool (she still thinks of herself as a beginner knitter) to make the All Wound Up Beanie. It's coming along beautifully but at one point we heard a loud, long sigh and all thought, "Uh-oh". She thought she had two extra stitches but I think she worked it out.
 And if there is a disaster looming, she has a lifeline through the stitches so she can frog it to that point and begin again.
Barbara B. is working on a Christmas gift, The Panini Beanie.
She is approaching the decreasing of the crown portion of the hat and the instructions were about as clear as mud. If it wasn't for the photograph of the hat, she might have had a problem but she figured it out. We all laughed in agreement when she exclaimed, "I didn't know there was so much math in knitting!"
This will be my last Sophie Scarf for a while (we'll see how long this lasts). Don't get me wrong! I love the pattern but I chose tiny needles for fine yarn and I know the end result will be gorgeous but it's taking freakin' forever! At least I'm on the decreasing end so every eight rows go a little faster.
 

Maureen finished her Bankhead hat and didn't realize until she was almost finished that there was supposed to be a round of plain knitting between the K4, P1 rounds 
so she knitted the whole thing 4 to 1. This is what I called a design element, not a mistake! The hat still looks great and will fit a human head. What more can you ask for?
Jan added four hats and two cowls to our inventory too. I neglected to get the names of the patterns but I know the deep purple hat is called Jesse's Christmas Hat.
We are taking off the next week for Christmas celebrations. I will have three days of overnight company with family coming in from Pennsylvania and Connecticut so by Tuesday afternoon, even if they're on their way, I will be too pooped to pop! But never too tired to knit so keep those needles clicking and have a very Merry Christmas!
 

No comments: