Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

The Holiday Music has started

We're back in the dining room this week because my project took up so much table space. I had to piece the parts of the Elizabeth Zimmermann Rib Warmer together. Shhh...don't tell anyone. This was a project for my other knitting group The Delaware Avenue Stitch Angels who are currently knitting for the students of a local elementary school in Albany. My project for Knit the Rainbow will be featured further along in this post.
Dorah finished her LOSY hat using odds and ends of sock yarn. 
This is a great stashbusting project and each hat is one of a kind!
Currently on her needles, Dorah has the All Wound Up Beanie which is a paid pattern on Ravelry.
Maureen is working on the Bankhead Hat using a lofty, soft yarn with lots of squish factor for warmth.
She finished the Yarnimals Owl Hat, minus the owl face. Somehow I don't think adults would appreciate the comical face...but then again, maybe someone would. 
But we'll keep it neutral for our purposes.
Cinzia is slowly working through her stash after spending hours organizing it all.
She found some great yarns for another hat. Every now and then I will hunt through my stash for inspiration and I'm always surprised by what I find!
Barbara B. finished the Rutgers hat for one of her grandsons and....
made a Buffalo Bills hat for the other one.
Now she's working on Auckland Bound hat.
This hat begins with a provisional cast on so the brim can be knitted for a few inches and then folded to the inside, those live stitches picked up and knitted together with the stitches on the needle to create a folded, double thick cuff.
Annika is almost finished with her second Wood Note Cowl. She made her first one for a fund raiser at her church and a mutual friend of ours bought it.
Margaret started the hat named Tondo, a freebie on Ravelry from the Red Heart site, Yarnspirations.
It's coming along nicely and looks so cozy!
Margaret is a new grandma to Calvin who was born a few weeks ago. She is making all sorts of cute things for him already. We all loved the Rastafarian curls on the hat she made for him.
I made a little more progress on my Sophie Scarf. The pattern calls for approximately 140 yards of DK weight yarn but I have two skeins of this lovely Berroco Ultra Alpaca so I'm going to knit the increasing portion until one skein is almost finished and then start the decreasing portion with the second skein to the end. It should make the scarf a little longer so it can wrap more than once around.
That's a wrap for this week...pun intended.😉
I hope you're getting all your holiday knitting done. It will sure keep those needles clicking!

No comments: