Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Just 3 of us

Cinzia and Dorah joined me this afternoon for a quiet session of knitting. Well, not too quiet because we like to laugh but it was a relaxing time spent together.
Cinzia tested out which size needle to use for the Ripples shawlette, a sweet little scarf with a gentle ruffled edge. The yarn label said it was a DK weight yarn and suggested using a size 9 needle which we all agreed sounded like too much needle for such a light weight yarn. But after trying a size 7 needle, the fabric seemed too rigid. I think she might have gone with a size 8 for her choice.
Dorah is a good sport for continuing to knit with yarn she is not exactly in love with. Ok, let's face it, she hates it! LOL! I have to admit that after trying to frog it for her, I wouldn't choose it for a project EVER! But she is a dedicated Chick who will finish it. I did tell her not to swear while knitting because we don't want to infuse that kind of energy into our knitting. ROFL! 
Cinzia added a basketweave pattern hat to the inventory which just by chance happens to match the color of...
The Jariq scarf I'm knitting. I just reached the halfway mark and have started the downhill race to the finish. It gets easier now that I'm on the decreasing end of the scarf. It's an exact match to the blue in the hat so we're going to package them together.
It's that time of the year when I get startitis so I'm happy to be almost finished with this project so I can search for something new to make. I think I'll go stash diving to see what inspires me. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: