Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 Janna and Barbara K. joined me today to start the new year off knitting.  My project is the Ribbed Watchman Cap, a favorite easy pattern of mine, which calls for worsted weight yarn. I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like winding a hank of worsted weight so I grabbed a ball of sock weight yarn and held it doubled to make the same pattern. I think I might have cast on a few extra stitches to make sure the circumference of the hat would fit an adult. I am almost at the 9.5 inch mark when I can begin decreasing for the crown.
Barbara's project is the Mistake Stitch Hat.

She is a quick knitter because...
by 3PM she had finished it and added it to the inventory.
Janna made a hat and scarf ensemble using the same Mistake Stitch pattern. The yarn is superwash wool so it will be machine washable and dryable.
The thick fabric created with this pattern makes a warm, thermal layer to keep the wearer 
warm and cozy.
She had so much of this pink yarn that she is now making some stuffies, also known as amigurumi or stuffed toys, for our other knitting group. These two tubes will become teddy bears for children.
It's a cold, raw, rainy day here so I see a cup of hot tea in my future. 
Stay warm and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: