Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Nice day on the deck

It's so nice to have such a full group again. My deck was filled with laughter and good conversation! I think even those of us who are introverted, and you'd be surprised at how many of us are, are thankful to once again be in each other's company.
Carole is making the Honey Cowl, a free pattern on Ravelry. To make the lovely pattern, a simple slip stitch creates the thick, warm fabric.
Debbie is working on the Favehat. I didn't catch where she found the pattern, but I'll bet it's on Ravelry too.
Jan has chosen the Irma Hat to use some pretty coral yarn. You can see the beginning of the pattern slowly emerging from the stockinette base.
Dorah chose to knit a hat too. Neither of us could remember the pattern name.
Janna's scarf is in the final rows.
And here it is completed! She will block it to open up the lace stitches and have a nice long scarf to wrap a few times.
Margaret is making a bulky weight cowl to match a hat she made. 
We call her Queen of the Bulky Knits! LOL!
Liz can't decide if her work will be a hat or a cowl. It's still early enough for her to make up her mind.
Maureen's Sightseer Cowl is coming along beautifully. The slip stitch pattern is very easy to knit and looks great with high contrast colors.
Barbara K. is just starting her favorite oldie but goodie, the Palindrome Scarf. It's a good pattern when you don't know if a man or woman will receive it.
For a 2x2 ribbed hat, I casted on a few more stitches than the original pattern called for because I'm using a slightly lighter weight yarn than worsted and smaller needles than the pattern recommends.
 I gave myself permission to start something new because I finished this scarf last night. It's a variation on Martina Behm's free pattern called "22.5 Degrees". I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn in the only skein I had so I did a different bind off. The original pattern calls for a scalloped edge bind off which take tons of yarn. Instead, I made a picot bind off for the first half of the scarf and a standard bind off for the other half. 
Now it can be worn with either edge facing out, depending on your mood!
I'm feeling in a sushi kind of mood and my husband, who is NOT a fan of sushi, won't be having dinner home tonight so this is my chance! Have a great week and check back to see our progress next Tuesday. And as always, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: