Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

95* but if feels like 100*

The heat and humidity are stifling here in the Capital District. Jan, Margaret, and I had no choice but to sit inside today.
Margaret's Sightseer Cowl is starting to show the mosaic stitch color work. This is a free pattern on Ravelry. 
Jan's Irma Hat is giving her a bit of a challenge. Sometimes we all talk more than pay attention to our work and get carried away with the knitting. We all have to take a step back and make sure we are on the right track.
I bought this pattern called "Beloved" from TinCanKnits and I'm so happy I did! It was a joy to make and took very little time to finish this in a child's size.
I decided to cast on another one right away but this one will be adult size. The pattern contains all the stitch counts for sizes baby to adult. It calls for DK weight yarn or two strands of fingering weight held together so I thought I'd give it a try with the two strands.

Our weather forecast for the next few days shows nothing but rain, possible thunderstorms, and cooler temperatures. I can deal with that if it means no more heat and humidity. I'm not a summer person and tend to spend my days very close to the AC vent. I hope wherever you are, you're keeping cool. And keeping those needles clicking!


 

No comments: