Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

It was a hot one today!

It was 90 degrees at the river today. Thank goodness the breezes were especially strong to cover the fact that it was so hot.
The water was quite choppy too. Those little white specks on the river are the white caps that appeared all along the water.
Something else appeared today too. It's the first time I've ever seen a goose in the park. Luckily, he minded his own business.
Cinzia, Janna, Barbara, and I were the whole group today. We had to move our chairs a bit as the sun moved through the sky and suddenly left us in its direct path.
Janna started a new cowl/scarf using a beautiful russet colored yarn. The pattern is called "Calistoga Cowl" and is free on Ravelry.com. The yarn is fingering weight with a size 4 needle.
Cinzia started a baby blanket using her talents for crochet. This is the center block and the edges will grow out from it in different colors.
Barbara B. finished the beautiful little dress for one of her granddaughters. It's adorable! She has two more to make and is thinking of making matching bow ties for her grandsons.
I frogged a shawl that was 2/3 done because I didn't like the pattern and this yarn was too nice to waste in something I wouldn't wear. I'm much happier with the way this pattern shows off the pretty colors. This is the Racimo Cowl, a freebie on Ravelry also.
That's it for today. I'm going to spend the rest of the day inside with the AC. I hope you have a cool spot for knitting away the day. Keep those needles clicking!

No comments: