Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Knitting and baking


 This week on Zoom with the Chicks I remembered to have them show their projects. Maureen is making the Sunnyside baby cardigan. Janna is working on a Palindrome scarf to go with the hat she made last week. Carole frogged her original cable hat because the cables drew in too much fabric making it too small. She added enough stitches for another cable and now it’s perfect. Annika is making a variegated yarn scarf and Debbie is making the ribbing for her project. Barbara is between projects at the moment. But she told us about the yummy oatmeal cookies she made which required one quarter cup of batter per cookie! 
I’m wearing my latest FO, the “Shawl With No Name” and I casted on for a second one to donate with our next round. The picture below is my shawl but the one I am currently knitting for donation will be cream, russet, and brown colored yarns.
We talked about recipes of interest and I’ll be sharing the no knead white bread recipe I found on a YouTube video tutorial. The top crust baked up more like a crunchy artisan bread, so as soon as it came out of the oven, I rubbed it all over with butter to make it a soft sandwich bread. My son declared it the best he ever tasted.

Janna told us the story of when her son was in grade school, studying foreign countries, he had to bring items that represented the country and maybe some food from that culture. She made an Ethiopian dinner which one little boy loved so much, he asked for seconds. Later when her son was in high school, he asked if a friend could come for dinner. Janna likes to cook ethnic foods with lots of spices so she warned him the friend might not like what she cooks. Her son’s response was, “Mom, your cooking is legendary!” How wonderful that he recognizes the effort and talent his mother puts into feeding him!
So as we approach another week of social distancing, I will search through patterns and recipes to see what new things I can learn. In the meantime, stay well, stay happy, stay home!

No comments: