Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Snow day, no snow day

As of Sunday night, the weather forecast was so grim that I thought we would have to cancel today's meeting due to the huge snowstorm that was predicted. Fast forward to this morning when I look out my window and see green grass, I immediately emailed everyone to tell them we're back on! It's a good thing too because I need my Tuesday visits with my Chicks! Today's topics were about my weekend visit to accompany my firstborn grandson on his first college visit. For those of you who remember when he was born, it's as much a shock to me as it is to you that he's a junior in high school and thinking about college! We also talked about home renovations and were able to avoid talking about politics until it was almost time to go home. LOL! Barbara B. wasn't here to keep us on our toes. ;)
Carole finished her Zuzu's Petals Cowl for which she used Poems worsted weight yarn.                           
She modeled it for us to show how lovely it looks. Those purples and blues look great with her shirt.

Annika is beginning to see the bottom of the yarn stash bag after completing two more hats for our inventory. She was running low on the blue yarn and had to figure out how to finish the top of the hat before it was too late. Her creativity led her to a successful finish!
Margaret added two more hats to the inventory as well. Try as I might, I couldn't get the photo to face the right direction but you get the idea.
Annika started another Icelandic wool hat. 
And Carole added to her Helix Hat. She is running low on the light green yarn so she'll be adding the darker green when needed.
She showed us her reversible hat in progress. She is nearing the end of the second hat which will be tucked into the striped portion to make a fully reversible hat with a folded cuff of the opposite color. It can also be worn with all one color as a slouchy hat. The Musselburgh Hat inspired me to write up a pattern for this hat using a different cast on and bind off.
Nancy repurposed the purple yarn from Zuzu's Petals Cowl to make the Dot Shawl by Casapinka. She shopped for the gray yarn at Cece's Wool and after browsing through several skeins of gray yarns, she picked the perfect one to compliment the purple yarn.
This gossamer mohair was another yarn she found at Cece's which was strategically placed near the checkout. How could she pass it up? It's gorgeous! And it will make a lovely cowl using stockinette and reverse stockinette stitch pattern.
Barbara K.'s pleated scarf is a lovely blend of pastels! The written pattern is no longer available but luckily one of the Chicks had a hard copy to share.
Margaret started another hat using a thick, warm wool. She's using a stitch that is reversible. When there is more progress, I'll take another picture to show what it looks like.
Cinzia is using a worsted weight wool from Paton's to make her version of the Zuzu's Petals Cowl. It starts out knitted flat and then is joined to complete the lace section in the round.
This is the yarn I dyed using Wilton Cake Icing Dyes. I didn't want the colors to pool so I'm knitting the linen stitch which has alternating slipped stitches with the yarn carried to the front side to break up the colors. It was started with an I-cord cast on and increases on both ends of every right side row. I haven't decided yet if it will be a cowl or small-ish scarf. We'll just have to wait and see.
As soon as the last Chick left and the door closed, this is who greeted me as I came up the back stairs. Guess what he wants. LOL!
If I don't give him a spoonful of food he'll start chewing things he knows will get my attention. He has trained me well! But I don't care. Fozzie is part of the family and as I tell him often, he's such a good boy. So I'm off to serve the King and get some cuddles in return. 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: