Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I can't believe it's been 18 years with these wonderful women! I think Barbara K. and Maureen are the only original members from way back in 2005 but I am blessed with a great team. Our annual dinner is  my way to show my appreciation for their time and effort devoted to making my dream come to fruition. 
Barbara K. just returned from her cruise through the Panama Canal so we got to hear all about her adventure.
Maureen, Dorah, and Carole caught up on the current events. 
And then it was time to eat.
We look forward to Dorah's Gazpacho every year because it's so good. I hope she doesn't get tired of making it. Janna made delicious cucumber rounds with toppings of fresh herbs and Kalamata olives on a creamy spread.
Main course and sides were delicious too. Jan brought a tossed salad with cheese and pomegranate seeds and fresh squash. Barbara K. made a scrumptious cornbread. We joked that we knew Maureen was used to making snacks for her grandchildren because she cut the yummy fruit salad into bite sized pieces you could pick up with your fork. Barbara B's bbq pulled chicken was so good and we all got the recipe! I made a chicken shawarma with a creamy garlic sauce that will keep the vampires away.
For dessert Cinzia and Carole outdid themselves with an apple cake and a blueberry lemon cake a la mode, respectively. And Margaret brought up the rear with some refreshing beverages.
Not only are these ladies great knitters, they are also fantastic cooks! We jokingly said that if the time comes that we recruit new members, we are going to have to give them a cooking test first! LOL!
All through our dinner we could feel eyes watching us. 
I guess Fozzie wanted to be part of the festivities too.
So to my Chicks let me say thank you for another wonderful and productive year of helping others. I couldn't do it without you! I usually end with Keep those needles clicking! but tonight, take a day off and rest up for the next round of projects. 
I love you all!

No comments: