Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, July 10, 2020

Looking for shade

There wasn’t as much activity on the river this week as there has been in the past. Fewer people enjoyed the park and this little boat sailed past us three times but no others were in sight.
 The sun kept hiding behind the clouds but when it found its way out, it was bright.
Janna worked on her Emiliana shawl and said she’s enjoying every stitch.
 I’m finally getting in the groove on my Venomous Tentacula shawl after frogging it five times. Those holes are created by binding off stitches mid-row on the right side of the work and then casting them back on the wrong side row. All this binding off and casting on was creating very loopy, loose stitches at either end of the openings which I didn’t like. So it took me many tries to figure out what method to use for casting back on and how to twist the stitches surrounding the openings before I was satisfied with the results. I’m a happy knitter now that I’ve worked out all the kinks! This is going to require a thorough blocking when it’s finished.
 Barbara’s baby blanket is slowly gaining length. She is using a light weight yarn so it’s a slow process but it will be worth the work.
That’s all for this week. Keep those needles clicking!

No comments: