Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

It's almost time for the fall fiber festivals!

Barbara K brought her completed Palindrome hat today. The stitch definition shows off the cables nicely.
Today she worked on a matching scarf with the Cascade 220 worsted weight yarn.
Liz added to our inventory with a minty green woven look scarf and...
a ribbed man's hat, both made with worsted weight yarns.
We had more of the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes yarn so she started another ribbed cap today.
Debbie's socks are past the heel and on to the cuff portion. They should be finished soon.
Elaine is working on a Mistake Stitch Scarf with a bulky weight yarn which is making the scarf nice and squishy. The self striping yarn adds interest to the pattern.
My apologies to Barbara B. who was working on a pair of newborn socks. She had to leave early today so I didn't get a chance to photograph them to show you how adorable they are. Next week I'll try to remember.
Carole made the cutest little hat and socks in newborn size with a self striping yarn. 
And she was as far as the heel on another pair but she made a mistake and frogged the whole thing to start over. We talked about how she likes the process of knitting so it doesn't bother her to rip it out and start over. 
Maureen's baby socks are getting their ribbed cuffs.
Jan worked on a hat called Graham. The yarn is toasty warm so it will be a nice cozy hat this winter.
Dorah's stitch definition is exquisite on her hat. Look at that even tension!
My 1898 hat is slow going because I have so many projects on needles going at the same time. But I'm almost done with the second ear flap. Once I pick up the stitches for the crown, it will be a breeze the rest of the way.
I've been trying to knit myself a cowl to wear to the fall fiber festivals. It's called The Shift and requires three skeins of complimentary colors of DK weight yarn.
Speaking of fiber festivals... tis the season! The first one is the Adirondack Wool and Arts Festival at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Greenwich, New York on September 28 and 29. It's a small festival that's easy to navigate but has a lot to see. The second on my calendar is the New York Sheep and Wool Festival at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, New York on October 19 and 20. When I first started attending this festival I would show up at 9AM on opening day which meant I had to fight the crowds and stand four people deep before I could get into a booth to check out the yarns. I've learned you can soak up the fall atmosphere just as well on day 2 without all the aggravation of too many people. Third on my calendar is the Fiber Festival of New England held at the Eastern States Exposition or The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts on November 2 and 3. It is held completely indoors which is really nice in inclement weather. I love to go to these festivals so I can people watch to see all the beautifully hand made knitwear and find inspiration for my next project. So I better get off this computer and get back to my knitting needles or I won't have my new cowl finished in time to wear to the festivals.
Have a great week and I'll see you here next time. Keep those needles clicking!

No comments: