Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Rain, rain, go away

If you live in the Northeast you know what dreary weather we have had lately. If it doesn't stop raining soon I fear I might have to build an ark! I'm afraid it's all my fault too because last week I decided to put away all the winter clothes and reacquaint myself with the spring and summer wardrobe. It happens every year no matter when I switch the clothes! Oh well, soon it will be 90 degrees and we'll all be complaining about the heat and humidity.
The Chicks have a few more FO's to add to inventory this week. Carole used a soft acrylic to make a celery green baby hat. 
 And tonight Maureen bound off the last stitches on her colorful hat. Once the ends are woven it will be added to inventory too.
 I made a little ballerina bear over the weekend. I love her pigeon toes!
 And the last bits of sock yarn were just enough to finish this top knot hat.
 Janna's Dexter vest is coming along nicely. It starts at the bottom front and then splits at the V-neck where you knit each shoulder separately, then put all the stitches back on the needle to knit down the back. The only sewing to be done are the two side seams.
 Elaine's blanket looks pretty in the soft celadon green
 Liz worked on her All-in-one Baby Top.
 We're looking at the neckline upside down here where it started.
 Barbara has almost completed the body of her Buttons cardigan and will be picking up stitches for the sleeves soon.
 I started a Baby Sophisticate last week and finished the body this afternoon. Tonight I tried to knit the shawl collar but it required short rows and lots of counting which doesn't mix well with conversation.
I worked on a boring scarf instead. One must always have a simple project on needles for just such an occasion. Maybe next week I can show you the sleeves in progress.
Have a great week and hopefully the weather will clear soon otherwise I might be growing webbed fingers and toes soon! Yikes! 

No comments: