Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Some "stealth projects"

Elaine laughed when I took the picture of her project because it's just the cast on stitches. But you have to start somewhere! And maybe someone will be inspired to start a hat of their own.
 Janna started her "Stealth Project" last week and has made good progress already. Some of us worked on Christmas gifts and this was one of them. The pattern is the Chevron Cowl which shows off the color changes nicely. You can see the new band of color just starting at the needle edge.
 I picked up a project which was in time out for a while, not because I didn't like it but because other things just became more of a priority. This is a head band in the Rose-hip stitch using a bit of baby alpaca which was left over from another project. I didn't want to waste the yarn but it wasn't enough for a hat so a head band fit the requirements.
 Barbara and Carole are learning two color brioche and are making cowls. The edging is a Latvian braid and the brioche starts a few rows in. 
 They are both doing a fine job. This will be a thick and warm fabric when it's finished.
 Margaret's 1898 hat is almost finished. It's only the second time she's knitted it and it can be a bit tricky, so she's working out the kinks. But it's coming along nicely.
 Maureen started the Pixie hood just like the one I made for one of my grandson's. It took me a few tries to figure out the construction of it but eventually I got it. I think Maureen will be fine with this pattern.
 Another "Stealth Project" is a Christmas stocking I'm making for Joules the kitty. I realized the other day that everyone in the family has a stocking hanging over our fireplace except her! So I had to get right on it. Yes, it will be large but it needs to be so I can slip some toys and treats in it.
 That cute little hat that Maureen was working on last week is finished and in the inventory already.
 Two days ago my son came to collect his kitty, Joules. After loving her and being part of her staff for 10 months, I had to leave the house so I wouldn't cry. Also because I didn't want Joules to think I had a hand in her kit-napping! ;)
 After worrying about her leaving, I was assured she was happy being back at home. Look at that lovable face!
 The first thing she did was to make sure all the Christmas decorations were done properly.
 And after investigating all the new renovations in her house she needed a well deserved rest. 
My son assured me Joules will get just as much cuddling at home as she did when she was with me. If that isn't an expression of contentment, I don't know what is!
I miss my cuddle buddy but I know she's in good hands. And I can visit her, if she invites me. ;)
Well, that's all for this week. Keep those needles clicking and I hope you get all your Christmas knitting finished on time!

No comments: