Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I have to have AC!!!

I have visitors this week! My daughter and the grands are here so Moose can take his annual golf clinic lessons. Of course we'll be squeezing in some swim time and maybe a movie or two. Wouldn't you know that on Saturday our AC went on the fritz and we had to have the whole shebang replaced. I was holding my breath because I thought their visit would be awful if we had the 90 degree weather that is predicted and no AC! So when the salesman came to take measurements and give us an estimate he asked if I needed the installation done right away. I told him no there's no hurry as long as my grandsons could stay with him at his air conditioned home! Guess what! The installers were here this morning at 8:30! It's amazing what a little incentive will do for an appointment schedule! Then it turned out that today was a beautiful day with breezes and cool air so they went for a nice long walk so I could knit with my Chicks.
 Elaine finished a cute little baby hat with an acrylic/washable yarn. The curly cue on top is adorable!
 Liz is making a hat using the same yarn from her cowl of last week. She is using two strands together for a bulky knit. That's one way to use up yarn quickly.
 My baby cardigan is almost finished. Just after I took this photo I started the I-cord edging on the sleeves. Then I have to pick up stitches all around the body edges and I-cord knit those too. I'm going to hunt for some cute buttons next week.
 Maureen finished her baby hat and moved on to....
a top down baby sweater. Can't wait to see it finished.
Carole is headed for the home stretch with her cowl. It will be long enough to wear doubled around the neck for a nice, warm, cuddle.
Beth and Cinzia were consulting the iPad for some knitting info. What would we do without the internet?
Dorah attached the buttons to her little cardigan and added it to the inventory.
Cinzia made progress on her vest.
And Sofia worked her way down past the sleeve openings of her top down cardigan and is working on the stockinette body stitches. That dark orange is the collar and the body will be the yellow. This is going to be one cute jacket!
Beth is making her cowl using Plymouth Encore, a good all-purpose acrylic and wool blend yarn that is machine washable.
Well, my grandsons have worn me out and it's past my bedtime. See you next week!

No comments: